Squash is an indoor sport and as we know, these courts specifically have hardwood floors that are clean and slippery. So, you need the right shoe for playing squash that has the best traction outsole, and an overall comfortable feel.
If you’re looking for the best shoes for squash, This list you must check. We’ve made this list with expert tips and we picked these shoes based on their Material Quality, Features, Prices, Overall Performance, and user feedback.
The right pair of squash shoes are very important because they’ll help you move nicely and avoid ankle injuries. They support your lateral and forward moves and increase stability.
List Of 9 Best Court Shoes For Squash
- HI-TEC Men’s Classic Court Shoes
- Salming Men’s Indoor Court Shoes
- Salming Men’s Hawk Best Shoes For Squash
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 10 Indoor Court Shoes
- HEAD Unisex’s Multi Sport Indoor Shoes
- ASICS Gel-Fastball 3 – Best Shoes For Comfort
- ASICS Women’s Best Budget Shoes For Squash
- Adidas flight Ultra Comfy Shoes For Squash
- ASICS Men’s Wide Shoes For Squash
A Bonus Tip!
For Playing squash, you can wear volleyball, badminton, or handball shoes. They are all suitable for squash but I prefer badminton shoes because they’re more lightweight and have a comfortable midsole for jumping.
The shoes you must avoid for playing squash are Tennis shoes, basketball shoes, Running Shoes, Cross Trainers, and outdoor shoes. These are not suitable for squash and they’ll increase the risk of twisting your ankles.
What Shoes Are Good To Wear For Squash? Expert’s Guide
In Squash, your movement is much Similar to tennis and pickleball. You need a shoe that has great lateral stability and good ankle support.
There are 6 characteristics of squash shoes that are important.
The outsole is designed specifically to react well with the type of floor that you will play on. They are generally called non-marking soles and these shoes are designed for indoor courts. They make a mark, that’s less important than the fact that this type of material will help you grip the floor in the correct way.
One of the most important feature of squash shoes is that they are designed for lateral movement. They have support on the inner and outer parts of the foot because when you’re playing you’re often twisting and down forwards and backward and all sorts of things and that’s really important.
Perfect Fit To Size
The shoe must fit your feet Because these shoes have flexible upper material that allows your feet to move freely within the shoe while making lateral moves. If your shoe is big and have extra room for your feet to move, this can be the preseason of twisting your ankles and fall off the shoe.
So, always use removable orthotics footbed if your shoe is big.
Here are the pro suggestions to find the real shoe size at home.
A Lightweight shoe is a must if you’re gonna play for hours. You’ll not feel tired after playing a good season. A heavy shoe will slow you down and you’ll feel tired after a round.
The continuous forward, backward, and side-to-side motion pays a lot of stress on your ankles. And the best shoe for squash always comes with good ankle and Achilles support.
Your shoe’s upper material must be flexible, breathable, and of course, durable. The flexible material helps with your lateral moves. The breathable material makes your feet fresh and dry after a long round. A well-cushioned midsole for an ultra-comfy on-court feel all the time.
9 Best Shoes For Squash You Can Get Right Now!
- Synthetic And Leather
- The Most Popular And Best-Selling Sports Shoe
- Soft Nu-buck And Mesh Upper
- Ultra Comfy EVA Midsole
- Lightweight & Breathable Material
- Gum Rubber Outsole
- Best Squash Shoe For Narrow Feet
Over 19 million pairs sold of this iconic squash shoe. The HI-TEC squash shoe is the first-ever shoe designed specifically for the game of squash. Known as part of high-techs heritage and a favorite among squash players for 40 years.
The squash Classic trainer shoe was made for the courts with all the grip and whole foot support. That’s all you’ll need when playing on concretes play or grass. So, you can stay on top of your game, however long it lasts what more can we say it’s the best classic Squash Shoe Of All time.
- Durable Lightweight Rubber Compound
- A Thin Durable Breathable Mesh
- RECOIL and Soft FOAM Cushioning
- Anatomical Ergo Heel Cup
- ROLL-BAR TECHNOLOGY
- Great Lateral Support
- Salming Squash Shoes For Men
A very durable lightweight rubber compound that features Slamming HexaGrip pattern designed for the best possible grip on all indoor surfaces.
These are the most comfy shoes to play squash regularly. If you’re looking for the best shoe having extreme comfort with reasonable price tag, this salming squash shoe can be the best option for you.
- Low to ground profile fueled with Energy
- Ultra Comfy Energy Rebound Foam
- HexaGrip outsole For Lateral Support
- Air mesh for maximum Breathability
- Energy Return Midsole
- Removable Ortholite Insole
- Best Traction Court Shoes For Squash
The fully integrated Exoskeleton connects the lacing system for support and stabilizes the midfoot. A very durable lightweight rubber compound that features a Salmings HexaGrip pattern designed for the best possible grip on all indoor surfaces.
This best squash shoe from salming has a cushioning compound featured in the heel impact zone designed to reduce impact forces. It’s soft foam heel insert area has 70% better shock-absorbing properties than the standard EVA midsole.
The midsole features the new RUNlite2 foam midsole material which offers lower weight and better energy return from the very first step.
- Breathable Flexible Synthetic Mesh Upper
- Trusstic System Technology
- Heel Wrap-Up Generates Smoother Landings
- Flex Grooves In The Outsole Improve Flexibility
- Multi-Purpose Indoor Court Shoe
- Gel Technology Cushioning
- Best Budget Court Shoes For Men
This Asics squash shoe is known for its excellent cushioning and best traction on court. The GEL-ROCKET 10 offering continues to deliver excellent cushioning for a range of court athletes.
This indoor court Shoe Can Be Used For Pickleball, Volleyball, and Other Court Activities. It has aggressive traction outsole that is super grippy on all courts, specially on indoor clean courts. The ASICS Gel-Rocket 10 is available for both men and for women. You can check here for women Shoe Model.
- Lightweight Synthetic Upper
- Breathable Mesh Materials
- EVA Midsole For Improved Cushioning
- Non-Marking Rubber Sole
- Most Affordable Shoes For Squash
- Stable And Comfortable Feel
- Best Squash Shoes For Wide Feet
The Grid Indoor Court Shoe From Leading Racket Sports Brand “Head” Features A Strong Synthetic Upper And Breathable Air Mesh Lining, Soft Lining Materials, and a Lightweight Eva Midsole for a Comfortable And Stable Fit.
Head Abrasion System And Radial Contact Technology Strengthen The Sole To Provide Tougher, More Stable Increased Traction Performance On Court.
- Used By Many Pro Squash Players
- Soft And Comfy Cushioning
- Excellent Traction Rubber Outsole
- Lace-Up Closure For Manual Fit
- Most Durable Wide Fit Court Shoe
- Can Be Used For Squash, Volleyball, Badminton, Pickleball, And Other Indoor Activities.
The Asics Gel-Fastball 3 is the best shoe for squash with comfortable features. This is one of the best squash shoe for plantar fasciitis.
Some Users stated that they’ve used these for playing pickleball as well and these can be a regular pickleball shoe because of their lateral support and amazing stability.
- Lightweight Mesh Upper With Synthetic
- Most Comfortable Women’s Shoes For Squash
- Foam-Padded Collar And Tongue
- Breathable Mesh Lining And A Cushioned Footbed
- Shock-Absorbing Molded-EVA Midsole
- Gum Rubber Outsole + Superior Lateral Support
- Best For Flat Feet & Overpronation
The GEL-Rocket 9 volleyball shoe features a breathable mesh upper and synthetic overlays in high-wear areas for added durability. This Asics squash shoe is best for ankle support having Extra padding on the tongue and collar for extra comfort.
Moreover, cushioning on the footbed and of course on the midsole that’s gonna help absorb shock along with a durable rubber outsole with a pivot point for added movement. Take your game to the next level with a GEL-Rocket 9 from ASICS.
- Mesh Upper With Lightweight Molded Tpu Yarns
- Regular Fit To Size With Adjustable Lacing System
- Grippy Rubber Outsole For Indoor Surfaces
- Lightweight And Breathable Mesh Upper
- Extra Stability And Abrasion Resistance
- Best Cheap Court Shoes For Volleyball/Squash
- Best Squash Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
This is Flight Bounce 3 squash shoe from Adidas. These Adidas squash shoes for indoor court are made of a high-top mesh upper. It’s reinforced with TPU-integrated panels and it’s still really durable and they’re breathable too. It’s easy to lace up with this manual closure system.
Also, It’s got a little pull tab for easy on and off. Also, it has excellent cushioning around the collar area and It’s also got a low profile at the ankle so it still allows for movement but gives you comfort.
Inside is a nice soft lining and you’ve got a removable cushion fabric sockliner that’s gonna be nice and comfy for you. These Well cushioned Shoes have awesome flexibility and a wide forefoot platform with an S-shaped molded heel counter.
You’ve got the Flexible Bounce midsole to give great energy return and it’s got top-grip asymmetrical rubber on the outsole with an anti-slip heel that’s great for those indoor courts.
- Synthetic & Textile Upper
- Removable Footbed For Foot Protection
- Excellent Court Grip
- Available In Red Color
- Non Marking Rubber Outsole
- Comfortable Cushioned Midsole
- Best Asics Shoes For Squash
Stay secure and in control when you’re playing your indoor games with this lightweight athletic shoe from ASICS. This top-rated shoe is made with a supportive synthetic and textile upper. It’s got extra reinforcement there in the heel for a lock-down fit With some protection on the toe to keep you feeling great.
Moreover, It has a traditional lace-up to give you an easy fit with two unique eyelets that mix with the DYNA WRAP technology, Which takes two supportive panels that run from the base of the laces across the entire shoe.
Giving it a very secure and close-to-skin feel to keep you completely in control That inside lining has lots of padding on the collar and the heel as well for extra control in the back.
This men’s squash shoe has a removable foam footbed that gives you extra support with an arch support design on the side and perforation to keep it breathable.
This wide fitting squash shoe has a non-marking rubber outsole that provides a great grip on the forefoot and the heel with a little bit of flex to keep you on the go.